Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Updating
Date:Fri, 30 Dec 2016 10:25:50 -0800 (PST)
From:akaleemost@gmail.com
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
On Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 1:16:10 PM UTC-8, dygger wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> This has probably been rehashed over and over, but I'm not seeing info
> I need so here goes.
> I'm using Paradox 4.5 (DOS of course) and am now upgrading to a
> computer with Windows 7. I'm able to get Paradox to run, but only by
> using "Dosbox". It's a pain and I'm hoping someone can give me some
> help on a work around.
> What version of Paradox should I look for that will work in Win7? And
> will that version port over my files from V4.5 okay?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's obviously long past time to answer this, but it may help someone else with the same sort
of problem:

I could not get Paradox for DOS to work on any 64-bit computer, so I traded in my computer for
a 32-bit Windows 7 machine. Paradox for DOS works fine in it, and so do the 32-bit versions
of all the other programs I had on the 64-bit computer.

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com