Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Lookup Table fine when I open it, but not when I touch CNTL-SPACE
Date:Sun, 1 Jan 2017 12:27:21 +1100
From:Tom Krieg <"tom krieg AT outlook.com">
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
Have you checked to see whether an index or a sort order is specified in
the data model of the form?

On 1/01/2017 2:14 AM, A.C. Fairbanks wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I am running P9.
>
> I have a lookup table that appears just fine when I view it using File | Open | Table.
That is, it displays with the sort order I need.

> But then, if I open a form that has a Table Frame, and I touch CNTL-SPACE, the table lookup
view opens, but sorts in a different order from what the lookup table itself uses.

> I had understood that the CNTL-SPACE view would display using the underlying structure
of the lookup table itself, but that seems not to be the case.

> Why would the lookup table display in two different ways depending on the method I use
to display it? And, how can I get the CNTL-SPACE version to display as does the table itself?

--
To send me an email, remove the spaces.

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com