Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Paradox helpfiles have disappeared
Date:26 Oct 2017 06:23:51 -0400
From:"Mogens Bjørre" <mbjoerre@outlook.dk>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox

Some time ago I saw a workaround, which changed Win10 to win 7.
I tried it but got a big problem with many of the apps in win10.
Then someone told, that there was a free system: Help Explorer 3 from KAMA
software (www.KamaSoftware.com) With this you can open the old .hlp files
using WIN10. HelpExplorer Software have the writes to distribute the system.
Try this http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Help-Explorer-Viewer.shtml
"modridirkac" <jure.zorko@gmail.com> wrote:
>Copy winhlp32.exe from old computer to foder c:\windows\
>Replace this file, which you have in c:\windows\ in win10.
>
>"Old" file winhlp32.exe is more than 200 kb in size, "new" in win 10 is
only
>10kb.
>
>Jure
>

>"Harri Kukkonen"  je napisal v sporočilo
>news:59da0787$1@pnews.thedbcommunity.com ...
>
>Hi!
>
>Windows 10 does not open Paradox help. The errormessage is:
>
>"The Windows Help program is not supported in Windows 10, Windows Server
>2012 or later versions of Windows Server. The Windows Help program is
>available for Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 only."
>
>I have had Win8.1 but MS updated it to Win10. Now I have Win 10 and
>Paradox 12 (WPO12).
>
>Is there any easy solution to this problem or some hidden path to get
>over that.
>
>Nice autumn fron Helsinki, Finland
>
>Harri

For a quality usenet news server, try DNEWS, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. For home servers or carrier class
installations with millions of users it will allow you to grow!
----  See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dnews.htm  ----

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com