Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Setting Up Paradox 11 for Oracle
Date:Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:39:28 -0600
From:Liz McGuire <liz@paradoxcommunity.com>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
You'll need an Oracle ODBC driver.  Then create an ODBC System DSN to
the Oracle database.

IMPORTANT: Use the ODBCAD32.EXE file in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (or
equivalent), not the one which shows up by default in Admin tools.

Then open BDE Administrator, Configuration > System > INIT and make sure
AUTO ODBC is set to TRUE.  Then go over to Databases > Databases and
your ODBC DSN should be in the list - if not, save the BDE config, close
and reopen the BDE.

In the BDE, edit the alias for the ODBC DSN  to set ROWSET Size to 0,
and give it a USER NAME.  I think the defaults for the rest are OK, but
if it doesn't work for you, let us know and we can go over all the settings.

Liz

On 02 Aug 2018 17:24, Michael Mitsch wrote:
> I want to get Paradox 11 working with our Oracle database to query Oracle
> tables.
>
> Can anyone send me some tips?

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com