Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: new sever now new problems. lock time out/file location paradox running slow
Date:Sat, 02 Feb 2019 20:02:04 +0100
From:modridirkac <jure.zorko@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
I wrote thi back in 2017.
It describes problems with 2008 server.
Might be same thing.

If anybody finds this usefull:

I had a problem with one of my customers, where paradox aplication was
freezing constantly (5 times a day, every user).

Paradox applicatin just froze and was nonresponsive.
Only option ctrl+alt+del.
And this happened after some time of inactivity AND also during notmal
work.

Firs thought was "bad switch".
New switch did not help.

next: "net config server /autodisconnect:-1"
(disable autodisconect of network drives)
Did not help.

Next: "bad network card on server". New card did not help.

Next: "new temporary server". Did not help.

To make the long story short:

Problem was in combination of win10 / server 2008 / Group policy
Their network was a domain network.
Their administrator di network mapping with Group Policy.
And behaviour of mapped drives in GP changed with Win8.
Group policy is processed every couple of hours and in that process mapped
drives were
disconected and reconected. Instead of just checked, as it was the case
prior to Win 8.

Solution was to make group policy just "Update"  network drives, instead
of "Replacin" it.

https://www.mcbsys.com/blog/2016/08/windows-10-repeatedly-disconnects-network-drives/

--

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com