Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Query variable
Date:17 Jul 2019 19:44:01 -0400
From:"Kevin Zawicki" <numberjack@wi.rr.com>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox

you can do this several ways:

var
 myQVal string
 qb query
 cnt smallInt
endvar

qb= Query

XrunJ.DB | Date           | Horse Name | Sex    |
	 | Check ~myQVal  | Check      | Check  |

EndQuery

for cnt from 1 to 20

myQVal = >=01/01/2018,<=14/01/2018
{
;make increment code here or add days to build a string, could use 2 date
vars and increment by 14 days then build string, or use cnt counter plus
14, etc.
}

qb.executeQBE(":PRIV:answer.db")

endfor

the qb never changes just the var, something like that.

do you need help with the date plus 14, many ways to do that

also, no need to add the answer, can do an insert and accumulate. But if
the results file is same and accumulates, is that not just a large date range?

"Tony Spencer" <tracy.fairbrother@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Hi can any one give me some example of how I can loop a program when it
gets
>to the end.
>I want to query a database then when I get the result add the table to a
>results file. Then go back to the beginning and increase both the dates
by
>14 days. I want to do this until I get to the end of my data.
>
>qb= Query
>ANSWER: :PRIV:ANSWER.DB
>
>XrunJ.DB | Date                            | Horse Name | Sex    |
>	 | Check >=01/01/2018,<=14/01/2018 | Check      | Check  |
>
>EndQuery

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com