Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Paradox closes whn I attempt to open a complicated form
Date:Sun, 18 Aug 2019 08:30:01 -0400
From:"Steven Green" <greens@diamondsg.com>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
"out of memory" errors in that manner usually indicate hosed files.. make a
backup.. run the repair tool on each table.. verify then rebuild.. review
the results.. run the restructure to pack the tables

--

Steven Green
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Collectibles and Memorabilia
Vintage Lego Sets and Parts
- and Paradox support, too
"Andy"  wrote in message news:5d58cefd$1@pnews.thedbcommunity.com...

Hi everyone.

I have Paradox 11  (version 11.00.676) on a HP laptop with Windows 10 Home.
It's a new installation (Word Perfect Suite X9).  The laptop has a 236 GB
SSD, 1 TB Hard drive and 16GB of RAM.  The program and data files are all
on the SSD.

There were no problems using Paradox on my previous laptop, an Asus ROG750JH
with 32 GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD (i.e. twice as much of both).

Since migrating to the new unit, however, I'm unable to use a form which
is basically central to my business.  I can open it in design mode, but when
I attempt to run the form I'm confronted with an "Out of Memory" dialogue
and Paradox closes down.

The form isn't large (358 KB) but links to/displays 15 tables totalling
around
14 MB in size, plus two .mb files totalling 30 MB.  It uses 2 libraries (144
and 11KB) and a .dll (63 KB).  I wouldn't have thought any of that placed
big demands on RAM!

I've tried increasing the size of the Swapfile on the SSD from 2.5 to 8 GB
without success.

Can I do anything with BDE?  The current settings (same as on my previous
unit)are:

- autoODBC: false
- data repository: [not set]
- local share: false
- low memory usage limit: 32
- maxbufsize: 2048
- maxfilehandles: 48
- memsize: 16
- minbufsize: 128
- MTS pooling: false
- sharedmemlocation: [not set]
- sharedmemsize: 2048
- SQLqrymode:[not set]
- sysflags: 0
- Version: 4.0

Can I do anything with these settings?

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,
Andy

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com