Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Paradox closes whn I attempt to open a complicated form
Date:Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:08:27 -0400
From:"Steven Green" <greens@diamondsg.com>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
thus the term "random".. and they all look at us like we've been pulling a
con job on them, on depth of our Paradox knowledge, for the past twenty
years :-)

--

Steven Green
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Collectibles and Memorabilia
Vintage Lego Sets and Parts
- and Paradox support, too
"Mark Bannister"  wrote in message

Andy:
This can be a bear.  We just updated to P11 and windows 10 pro on
several computers.  Some worked fine.  Some crashed when too many files
were open. Some would not work at all.  They are a variety of Dell
computers all with differing memory, etc.
I got things under control but I'm not sure what was the main culprit.
-I rebuilt all tables and indices.
- Made sure pdox and bde installed outside of program files
-I made some program changes to keep fewer TC's open in background
-I'm using a memory manager Jan M supplied the community (This helps on
some computers and has no effect on others)

Changes to the BDE settings seemed to have little effect.
What flummoxed me the most was that some computers with no unique
configurations worked flawlessly and never ran out of memory and others
crashed constantly.

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com