Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Multi-User Table Access
Date:Fri, 31 Jan 2020 20:54:23 +0100
From:"Ivan" <ivan.moro@web.de>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
hi steven,

a question:

> all users must point to the same shared net file, using the EXACT same
> mapping/path.. it can't just resolve to the same location, it must be
> EXACTLY the same.. then, same thing for all shared data

what means EXACTLY exactly?
e.g. i've an app installed on the drive   P:\MyApp

NET DIR is set to P:\MyApp

then I share the whole drive P: within the network.

and have one (or more) worstations (ws1, ws2, ...).
eg. ws1 access the drive as N:
the ws2 as Z:

and on ws1 the NET DIR is set to  N:\MyApp
on ws2 to Z:\MyApp

i.e. all pcs points to the same directory MyApp on the "server" drive P:
do you see any problems? and if yes, why?

thanks

Ivan

> if you think it's all good, and it's not, re-running remlok32 will show
> you all net and lock files out there, per drive, and what net file the
> lock files are pointing to

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com