Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Paradox on Windows 10
Date:Mon, 3 Feb 2020 15:23:32 +0100
From:Anders Jonsson <andersREMOVETHIS@jonssondata.se>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox

> The description for -o says:
>
>     -o Filename
>     Alternates the BDE configuration file. All BDE-based applications must
> use the same BDE configuration file when running concurrently.
>
> I don't know the possible issues, if both different apps run together and
> each uses it's own BDE configuration. Coud this produce an unstable system?

When you try to start an instance of Paradox and there is another
instance already running with another config-file, you will get a
warning than another config-file is in use and get the option to use
that one. You can not use two different configs att the same time.

For me, this is no problem. I only put some basic information into my
config files, such as NET-dir and a few language specific settings.

All other stuff such as definition of ALIAS i put in a startup script
for the application.

So I can have 10 different apps running at the same time, using the same
config-file. All of them has alias like FORMS, REPORTS and DATA but they
all point to different locations so there is no conflict as alias are
session specific.

I would suggest that you try to get hold of the configfile for the other
app and see what they have put in there. Hopefully you should be able to
use that config-file instead, or let that app use your config file.

Anders

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com