Paradox Community

Items in comp.databases.paradox

Subject:Re: Multi-User Table Access
Date:Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:42:59 +0100
From:"Ivan" <ivan.moro@web.de>
Newsgroups:comp.databases.paradox
hi steven,

it's not the same whole path, but it's the path to the same directory on the
server drive, which can have a different drive letter (the rest must be the
same).
i can remember, that i've read it as i was much younger and ues it since
then im hundreds of networks without problems (my own too).

and my manual contains this description for bde-NET DIR setting unchanged
since the last century.

but if someone uses the same drive-letter too, it's not wrong.

"Steven Green" <greens@diamondsg.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> NO !!  do NOT mix drive letters and still think you have the exact same
> path
>
> as for the SMB question, the issue is new, but seems to be the same
> "oplocks and caching" issue.. if you don't do ALL machines, the ones you
> don't do, can create the problems
>
> in either case, looking for reasons to NOT do it completely right,
> completely the same, is looking for reasons to allow it to fail.. paradox
> tables and indexes are a collection of files that MUST be written out
> concurrently.. one mistake, access to the table stops

agree.
but if you activate the smb1, there are two choices which can be made. you
can activate it:

    for server
    for client

of course for both too (i activate both)

and there's an option do disable Automatic Removal. I think, Win10 will not
remove it, if you activate it again (only after the first installation, if
nobody uses it within the first 15 days).

and a question to oplocs:

if smb1 is activated:
is it necessary to set the registry oplocs values for
     LanmanServer AND LanmanWorkstation
with the Parameters
     EnableOplocs
the value to
     0 OR 1    (or different for Server / WS?)
I handled it years ago on older windows (vista, win 7, ...), but with Win10
I look now for the first time to this (because I thought, win10 handles it
itself as necessary).
If you know the answer, maybe you save my day and I have more time to spend
with other things.

Ciao

Ivan

Copyright © 2004 thedbcommunity.com