|Subject:||Re: Performance problem opening database on SQL-server
|Date:||Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:59:36 +0100
|From:||Anders Jonsson <andersREMOVETHIS@jonssondata.se>
I now tested against two other databases on the same server.
One with the collation: SQL_Scandinavian_CP850_CI_AS
One with: Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS
This is the same collations as on the productions databases
I get the the same result!!
One shop, no problem. The other, connecting to Finnish_ Swedish is no
problem but the SQL_Scandinavian is slow!
Really good news as it gives me something to work with!
It must be something with the SQL-driver but when I check I find:
- Windows version the same, 1909 18363.657
- Version of the sqlsrv32.dll is the same, version 10.0.18362.1, dated
- Version of a file called sqlserv32.rll Is the same
I donít know if there are any other files that can be involved?
Changing the collation of a database that is 6GB in size and has been
running without a single problem for 16 years (!) is not something I
want to do!
I see two options:
- Install a new computer and keep fingers crossed it will work
- Trying to reinstall the ODBC-driver.
Checking Microsoft site
MS say the version is 17 which makes me a little bit confused as the old
one on the computer is version 10Ö.