|Subject:||Re: table repair quirk
|Date:||Wed, 28 Nov 2018 12:38:02 -0800
I had this problem a while back, ~10'000 records and 256 fields -about
40 are memo fields a few sec indexes. Did everything everybody suggested
and no luck.
I spent a lot of time on this thing and it turned out there was an
invisible problem in multiple records in one of the memo fields.
I made a copy of the table and deleted one memo field at a time. After
screwing around I found that deleting a particular memo field solved the
problem however the corruption was in several records so not being able
to isolate which records had the problem I had to live with the bad
table verify report. Everything works fine.
On 11/25/2018 06:29 AM, Steven Green wrote:
> huge table.. 80,000 records, 24 sec indexes, a couple of memo fields..
> no, I didn't create this monster
> repair says record 28728 is out of sort order.. rebuild, still there..
> delete it, now the record BEFORE it is now out of sort order, not the
> record AFTER it
> stranger still, there's seemingly nothing wrong with the record that
> stops anything.. I can add it back to the table w/o an error, I can edit
> it and leave the record w/o an error, so none of the lookup values is
> Steven Green
> Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
> Collectibles and Memorabilia
> Vintage Lego Sets and Parts
> - and Paradox support, too