|Date:||Tue, 4 Dec 2018 12:19:25 +0100
I've a strange problem with Pdox9 on Win10
It work fine for a long time.
Today something happened, and I don't know what.
OK there was a problem with an app which I develop and I've to stop it with
Ctrl+Alt+Delete (what I did earlier many times without problems).
After that, if I want to start P9, I allways get teh following message:
Could not initialize BDE:
You have attempted to open a database that is in use by
someone else, but the database cannot be share. You must
set the location for the .NET control file
I think - ok, something happened as many times before. But:
- Pdox9 Runtime works fine
- the NET DIR path in BDE 5.01 is OK.
- if I delete the PDOXUSRS.NET file and restart P9, I get the same message
and a new PDOXUSRS.NET appers within the NET DIR path
- I've deleted all PDOXUSRS.NET files on the whole PC (all partitions) -
the same BDE message
- I've reinstalled the whole BDE (delete first the CONFIG01 and DLLPATH
registry entries) - nothing changed (same BDE mesasage)
- I've reinstalled the whole P9 (from an earlier CD copy on the disk,
because the CD can't be read any more) - nothing changed (same BDE
- I've the P9 installed on an another PC with Win7, it works ok. So I've
copied the whole Corel directory from Win7 to Win10 - nothing changed (same
- I looked to the quarantine of the AntiVirus program. There's nothing from
today or earlier from Corel path
- I've restarted the PC many times (after each change) - the same BDE
- I've renamed the directory, where I've worked last time with P9 - got
first message about invalid path, but after that the same BDE message
- After the shutdown, there were first some messages like: I tried to read a
string after it's end (or similar). But they disappeared and came not again.
I've no idea, what's going wrong and how to repair it - I hope, it's
something small (because P9R works ok).
Should I try to set the Win10 to an earlier state? I get the Win10 warning,
that if I do it, I've to reinstall the Corel Application - and I don't like
such experiments (but if necessary, I'll do it).
Thanks for any hints
Diese E-Mail wurde von AVG auf Viren geprüft.